Wise words

O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but Allah purifies whom He wills, and Allah is Hearing and Knowing. ~ 24:21

Monday 8 August 2011

Remorse

A cold shiver suspends my back
and numbs my body into a state
One that I have savored before;
it's back to haunt and expose me.

It makes its way up and around
reminding every part of my being;
what I have done and what I have not
and wraps me around its fingers.

A loving enmity grows on exponential
filling my veins with guilt and pride
The sudden, perverse heart beat
thumps in rhythm with my nostalgic thoughts.

Should a tear fall down my cheek -
What then will that make of me?
This blissful pain, well deserved
is mine, no one elses.

I cherish and harbor the pain
revealing itself on pursed lips
Ignorant and aware, living in vain
is my state after every immoral sin.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment