Wise words

O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but Allah purifies whom He wills, and Allah is Hearing and Knowing. ~ 24:21

Sunday 22 May 2011

Plethoric Suffering


I know you see me in this dark, dark night
You have watched absolutely everything
I always said to myself be careful
And not let my tongue, ears, hands and eyes sin

But woe unto me.


I am drowning in the flood of my sins

And my heart is troubled and groans in pain
Burning with fever and painted bright red
Because I have been sordid and foolish

My life disappears before me like smoke

Diffusing into absolute darkness
For it is not in equilibrium
And cannot overcome anxiety

Is there light at the end of the tunnel?

I was told it was for those who want it
What now, can I ever hope for my Lord?
Because I'm about do die from these blows

Do you blame me for being cynical?

Or should I just pretend to be jubilant
And imagine I'm in utopia?
Nay, the fire continues to burn me

Do not punish me anymore!

For I am young and already dying
Purity is completely invalid
And righteousness is not what it seems. 

~Fatima~

No comments:

Post a Comment