Wise words

O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but Allah purifies whom He wills, and Allah is Hearing and Knowing. ~ 24:21

Monday 2 May 2011

For You..

I don't think you've realised what you've done
when you look at me so unforgivingly


I would give all my life to you
and submit, willingly


Your hands have nurtured my very soul
and have molded me beautifully 


Yet why the hurt and pain
that is caused by you constantly?


I look back and recall 
What have I done to be enduring this agony?


and I remember, I remember vaguely
when I treated you so selfishly


I remember the day amidst my grippes
that I made a tear fall from your eye
Hurling insults and profanities
while I was on Satanic highs.


How I wish time was in my hands and that life could just rewind
So that I could erase those moments
that bruised your heart, so kind..


I feel shame when I stand infront of you today
being the mere replica of you, yet inside, not the same


Your eyes never grow old like your body has, despite all those tears
and I can't bring myself to understand how you handled everything all those years


God is putting me through what I put you through
and I for one, agree
When you put your queen through so much,
how do you expect to walk free?


I deserve everything, absolutely everything
and sorry is not enough.
I'm beaten and bruised and couldn't care less
because it was you I treated so rough


Your slowly going, drifting away
Life has become unbearable
Just stop and think with me in unison
For you and I are one parable:


"And your Lord has decreed that you worship Him and that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not a word of disrespect, nor shout, but address them in honour"


And honoured is what I shall be when you look at me through hazel eyes
For I am a proud fruit, ripe and full
of she who I can never defy. 

~Fatima~

1 comment:

  1. May ALLAH bless you..
    It touched hearts softly..

    ReplyDelete