Wise words

O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but Allah purifies whom He wills, and Allah is Hearing and Knowing. ~ 24:21

Monday 28 March 2011

Awakened

By that time, I was deteriorating 
A meaningless soul dissolving, disappearing
The world was empty of blessings to appreciate
The people to turn to, they were all fake
No one felt this everlasting pain
No one sheltered me in the constant rain
My mother didn't nurture me for suffering
But surely enough, she was not to blame.
Come she said, come with me and see
And soon you will know and come to be
A flourishing spirit, a tender rose
So with nothing to look to, it was her offer I chose
She led me to high gates that reached to the sky
The colour of jade, towering high
As I walked closer, my heart began to thaw
People enshrouded in white I saw
Closer and closer, I tiptoed with ease
Careful not to distract supplicates on their knees.
And at that moment my heart awoke
The worldly jail confining my soul broke
Closer and closer I walked feet bare
To the duniya I was now unaware 
Your rivers of forgiveness was now all I could see
The beaming gold doors opening ahead of me
In unison my arms opened, and eyes closed
And it was at that moment that my soul spoke
And speaking was what I did, taking my time
Confessing sins committed in this ugly world of mine
Tear after tear, they solaced my cheeks
Reminding me of my soul that had always been weak
Embrace me forever and enfold my eyes
So I am not blind to your light, O most merciful, most wise
It is your rope I hold on to, your path I choose
and Your love now, I can never abuse
Despite the fact this world is a jail
With your love and warmth I can never fail
Every time my forehead meets the floor
I will close my eyes and imagine heavens doors
That little piece of paradise I will take in my heart everywhere

But as for this life now....I do not care.

~ Fatima ~

No comments:

Post a Comment