Wise words

O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but Allah purifies whom He wills, and Allah is Hearing and Knowing. ~ 24:21

Monday 28 March 2011

Night Sky

Black sky, stars bright
I lay and try to count
these incandescent drops.
Unaware to my presence
these stars glow before me
just like You always have.

This aura I cannot fathom
This light I cannot handle.
How bright You must be
if Your stars are so beautiful.

This array of lights
is one of your abundant blessings
that I have now become aware of.
For I was too ignorant to see
what You countlessly bestow upon this unworthy slave.

I, a lost soul
searching for light 
in this labyrinth of a life
is yearning for You.

How many servants cry in Your magnitude,
realising what they woke to?
How many supplications You must answer
only to look over each one.

Under this dark sky
my soul has summoned me to prayer
to complain of this harsh world.
Weeping, bleeding
pleading for Your mercy.

My pain is nothing but the ignorant barrier of understanding
that I have broken and transgressed.
This pain, self chosen
a result of my actions
closing the doors of my soul
but opening again in Your remembrance.

If I could keep my heart busy with the blessings of life
surely this pain would be overcome by joy
But it is thorough these faults
That I now complain.

I wish I had never let go of Your rope
and made you see the lows that a servant can achieve
How I judged You always
giving up in supplication
Unfaithful was I
to the doors that were always wide open.

It is when you give of yourself that you truly give
and when have You ever not done so?
These infinite stars cannot measure to your traits
and don't glow as bright as You do in my eyes.
These infinite stars cannot measure to the sins
that are committed and then forgiven.

Your beauty will keep me coming back
For I am now euphoric
Lost in words
Lost in Your presence
Amazed at the capacity of Your forgiveness

How painful does this tear go down this youthful face.
Already bruised by the evil limits of Your enemy.
Each tear, like a diamond to You
like one of Your stars.
This voice barely being able to utter in contemplation
truly must be the sweetest song a servant can offer her King.

My soul in this darkness is bleeding
willingfully, joyfully
awaiting the day where the servant shall meet king.
My soul, a battlefield
has been won over by You

I thankyou
for waking me up in Your remembrance
in this dark night of mine
You have put in my once dark soul
an ever beaming star which will always glow
before You.

~ Fatima ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment