Wise words

O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but Allah purifies whom He wills, and Allah is Hearing and Knowing. ~ 24:21

Monday 28 March 2011

The weed around the Rose

I was to you like a weed around a rose
Entwined to your petals, ignoring your thorns.
My goal was to learn simply

About you.

Despite the fact I entwined your presence
Your petals never suffocated.
Your beauty never bruised
Amongst the teachings which my life has taught
I risked rejection and misunderstanding
To baste in your intensity
And feed off your passion.

Like a little puppet, you pulled my strings
I didn't care if I was being manipulated
For my heart was sealed
And I was addicted to the drug that put me in euphoria.
You drew me in
And grew off my energy.
And the words of my heart that echoed through you
Every day.

But it seemed your pride was on exponential.
I wonder if you ever saw these tears
That fell in your presence.
Did you close your eyes because you said you never wanted to see me cry?
Your portrait was merely fiction
Fake, but true
Perhaps you assumed you knew my aim
And thought that I would continue to grow off a thorn like you
Feeding you energy, for your own good.
You will never know my true intentions
For you are too blind and basting in your own
Beauty...

You had the potential to change
Though you are nothing but the painting of a rose
With no dimensions
Who will continue to suck the life off every being
Every innocent and blind person
Like me.

I know you have seen me now
Despite the powerful filter that now stands between us.
Do you find it difficult
That the weed is suffocating you?


Engross yourself and solace your heart
Convince yourself that you and your crimson petals are genuine
While I get to know you and play your game
And suffocate your petals
With my growth.
~ Fatima ~

No comments:

Post a Comment