Wise words

O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but Allah purifies whom He wills, and Allah is Hearing and Knowing. ~ 24:21

Tuesday 26 April 2011

'Coz You are You
















I am running away
Escaping the heat and fray
Round and round
I cannot accept Your ground
Every nook every corner
I meet another sojourner
Where have you been they ask
Where have I not I task
What did you find they query
What did I lose I worry
At last I can fight no more
Again, I am humbled at Your door
For a moment I hesitate
Will my worst fears precipitate
If you turn me away
I have not another way
A crack, a light from beyond
And then I know what I have found
Though I have sinned through and through
My comfort, my rest is that You are You.

-Shahida-

No comments:

Post a Comment