Wise words

O you who have believed, do not follow the footsteps of Satan. And whoever follows the footsteps of Satan - indeed, he enjoins immorality and wrongdoing. And if not for the favor of Allah upon you and His mercy, not one of you would have been pure, ever, but Allah purifies whom He wills, and Allah is Hearing and Knowing. ~ 24:21

Monday 11 April 2011

Insanity's Plea

Fatimah calls
Where are you to avenge my death?
Mohsin was pierced by the lowest of the low
You are all that is left

Ali calls
What land has forsaken your steps
And embraces your forehead as you prostrate?
Remember the sword that caused my death?

Hassan calls
I am left and have no other
The solitude hurts me
More than the poison that ate at my liver

Hussein calls
The tears of blood you cry, I need more
For Abbas supplicates with no hands
His tears harsher to my heart than the blunt sword

Yet

While you have befriended time, I have befriended insanity
What valley feels your steps while I bleed profusely?
My mind has escaped me in search of you
And I sway, intoxicated

Death calls
My heart has been stolen by the one I can't find
Allow me to bleed once more
And keep me until the end of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment